BSA ads

Jim farli@wiredglobal.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:55:17 -0700

I stand corected - no one ever 'owns' a MS product that they purchased here in
the US.  MS 'licenses' the priveledge to use the software that it markets
(note: markets - MS is a vendor of computer software and that has no
implication of how they came to acquire the priviledge of being in a position
to market it).  However, MS believes it is well within their endless corporate
power to force customers to prove that the customer has obtained the proper
licenses to use the products that it markets to them.

Personally, I am happy to see MS trying to enforce its marketing license.  Can
anyone think of a better way to stir the braindead governmental and corporate
licensees?  The more MS exhibits its power, the more people will think.
When people think, they realize that being held hostage by a software
marketer is not in their own best interest.

--

Jim

Always practice safe HEX