BSA ads

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:45:05 -0700

Be VERY careful throwing words around, Jim.

Methinks that the word "Title" implies that you
actually have OWNERSHIP of something.  M$ would
NEVER grant ownership to anyone.  I'm not even
sure that M$ grants ownership to themselves!
Come to think of it, I'm not even sure that M$
granted me ownership of my M$ mouse!

What's really funny is to see M$ try to apply
warped BS IP laws in other countries.  I seem
to recall a case in Italy where a small business
owner purchased a single copy of M$-Office and
installed it on multiple PCs in his office.  M$
tried to explain to the judge that the business
owner didn't "own" what he paid for.  The judge
ruled that the business owner paid for the software,
and he had every right to use it in his business
as he saw fit.