ISP's

foodog@uswest.net foodog@uswest.net
Sun, 04 Jun 2000 08:22:37 -0700

  Just as a counterpoint, I finally got (I b'lieve) VDSL
from USWest but it was an ordeal. They had someone come
through the neighborhood on foot hyping it; they called
twice over about a 2 month span pitching it; they sent mail
with "special incentives"; Cox TV service kept sucking
worse... I finally said "sign me up!".  They replied: "Oh,
it's not available in your area yet, call back."

  Doh.  Anyway, now that I've _finally_ got it (data and TV)
I've been really pleased with it - aside from the totally
rigged "field expedient" air drop phone line they strung
along my block wall, but WTF, it works.
  All of the techs involved claimed to be doing 80+ hour
weeks, FWIW.
Steve