ISP's

Hawke proudhawk@extremezone.com
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 18:51:15 -0700

Tim,
you are not the only person suffering problems with usworst.
I have been trying to get DSl here at my new home for over
3 months now. for the first month, they wouldn't even tell
me what was wrong (just that a technical issue existed with the
line) and after that, they have told me that I am:
1. in a fiber service area (further checking reveals that this is not
factual)
2. on a line with significant routing problems requiring a pair gain
amp
3. in an area where DSL is not available (false. 3 of my other
neighbors here have
    gotten DSl within the last 3 months!)

As near as I can figure, usworst is playing silly games with me. I
have been talking
to a large number of techs over there and have started hearing "off
the record"
commentary stating this impression: "even if the line qualifies, you
will not recieve the
service". USWEST refuses to fix the problems, or reprovision my telco
service
under the existing contract that I have (A contract that stipulated
that the line
be DSL provisioned for my service upon installation).

I also might want to contact Jay and see if he can offer e a wireless
option
(considering my location, the wiredglobal main center is less than a
mile from here).

Hawke

Tim Weaver wrote:

  I had spoken to Jay from WiredGlobal a while back about DSL service
to my
  home...I need to contact him again to find out if their DSL
provider is
  Covad, because if so, I may want to speak about changing ISP's in
order to
  get the damn service enabled!!

  USWorst is dicking around and not removing the bridge taps or
testing the
  line or something...we have all the equipment but no signal and our
ISP,
  Zyan, doesn't seem to hold any sort of influence over
Covad/USWorst.

  Tim Weaver