ssh rpm

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:10:00 -0700

Using the ports tree the make command will either
grab the source and patches via CVS or ftp.

I prefer source since it is always more up to date than
what I find in the packages heirarchy.

ObLinux: Debian is the only distro I know of that comes
         close to replicating the features of the ports and
         packages features of the *BSD family.
         Whats nice is that any *BSD can be installed from
         a single floppy on a machine with internet access.
         Debian takes 2 floppies to do the same :(

JLF Sends...

It seems like on Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 05:05:07PM -0700, Barnett, Blake scribbled:
Orig Msg> That's only if you're using the ports... in 2.7 I just use pkg_add -v
Orig Msg> ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/2.7/packages/i386/pkgname.tgz and away it
Orig Msg> goes.  Also handy is a little script I wrote to keep track of the mirrors
Orig Msg> and auto-retry if pkg_add gives me an error if the site is busy.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Does using the ports version and doing a make in the directory structure go
Orig Msg> grab the package and update it?  If so... I'll have to do that with some of
Orig Msg> the larger apps I'm using.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> *  Blake
Orig Msg>