ssh rpm

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 00:30:04 -0700 (MST)

Am 19. Jul, 2000 schwäzte J.L.Francois so:

> Using the ports tree the make command will either
> grab the source and patches via CVS or ftp.
>
> I prefer source since it is always more up to date than
> what I find in the packages heirarchy.
>
> ObLinux: Debian is the only distro I know of that comes
>          close to replicating the features of the ports and
>          packages features of the *BSD family.
>          Whats nice is that any *BSD can be installed from
>          a single floppy on a machine with internet access.
>          Debian takes 2 floppies to do the same :(

No floppies if you use *real* architectures like PPC and sparc ;-).

Actually, what about using x86 with bios that supports netbooting? That's
one of the requirements I'm planning on for my next new box purchase. The
other is bios support of serial console. Don't leave home without it.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans