ssh rpm

Barnett, Blake bbarnett@bloodsystems.org
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:05:07 -0700

That's only if you're using the ports... in 2.7 I just use pkg_add -v
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/2.7/packages/i386/pkgname.tgz and away it
goes.  Also handy is a little script I wrote to keep track of the mirrors
and auto-retry if pkg_add gives me an error if the site is busy.

Does using the ports version and doing a make in the directory structure go
grab the package and update it?  If so... I'll have to do that with some of
the larger apps I'm using.

*  Blake

-----Original Message-----
From: J.L.Francois [mailto:frenchie@magusnet.gilbert.az.us]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 4:33 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: ssh rpm

In OpenBSD do:

cd /usr/ports/<package_name/
make
make install

JLF Sends....

It seems like on Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 03:50:12PM -0700, der.hans scribbled:
Orig Msg> > Why not just go with the OS by the creators of these packages
and let Redhat
Orig Msg> > do as they please...
Orig Msg> >
Orig Msg> > OpenBSD for me!
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Sounds like something from 1001 Arabian Nights to me ;-).
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Yes, *BSD is quite the option were I ever to get off my lazy butt
and play
Orig Msg> with it :).
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> ciao,
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> der.hans
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> > PS "apt-get install ssh" is really the way to go, though ;-).
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> PPS "apt-get install ssh" still rocks, but some of the *BSDs are
supposed
Orig Msg> to have similar functionality, which is PDC*.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> * Pretty Damned Cool
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> --