Which NICs would be best.

Mark Berkwitt mark.berkwitt@home.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:31:40 -0700

 I have 2 PCs and would like to set up a network at home.

 I have a 3com etherlink (ISA) I've been using for a while and 2 other
 PCI NICs, sitting unused, based on the
 RealTek 8029 chipset.  Currently, the 3com is used with my cable-modem.
 I tried installing either of the 8029 NICs and upon booting made my
 win98 partition unstable.  Each time I would boot I would get about as
 far as the login window and soon after the machine would reboot.  I
took
 them out and then had to search for new hardware in w98 to get my 3com
 nic to work again.  I suppose if I'm determined to create this network
 I'd better buy 2 new nics that won't fight eachother.
 Any you would recommend???