Webshots on linux?

Bill Warner wwarner@direct-alliance.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:52:49 -0700

Mark Berkwitt wrote:

>  Is it possible to display webshots.com photos on my linux desktop?

I saw this and though it might be kind of cool.  I downloaded and used
wine to install (with no troubles at all) fired it up and was able to
browse
the thumbnail versions of the pictures.  everything seemed to run great
under
wine but yet I dont think wine knows how to set the root window so I was

unable to get the pictures to set as my background.  they are also in a
propritary
compression format that wont let you export the webshots copyrighted
pictures from them.

I guess the only other choice would be to bug them to make a linux
version
prefrebly with great gnome and kde support.

Bill Warner