Article in recent 2600 mag

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@uswest.net
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:49:07 -0700

> > I don't know how many of you guys/gals read 2600, but in the most recent issue
> > that I picked up (V 16, #4) are several articles for using Linux to "break
> > into"/"Gain access to" NTFS partitions using the floppy distro Trinux.  It talks
> > about both the positive side (getting access to back up data after a fatal
> > crash) and the negative side (getting access for devious/malicious purposes).
> > It is an interesting article and should be nice info for those of us who,
> > *shudder*, work on NT systems with NTFS partitions.
> >

> Before I start shuddering, may I ask-is this the only filesystem that
> has this kind of available exploit?

It was mentioned in several 2600 articles in the current issue.  The reason I
brought it up was to point out that it existed.  In the case of the ASULUG (to
which I also posted this) someone said that they wished they had known about
this a few weeks(?) ago when helping a friend recover his NT system.  I didn't
bring this up as being an exploit of the fs.

--
"Intel giveth and Microsoft Taketh Away" - Gordon Moore