LinuxWorld Expo - NYC Wrapup

J. Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:49:09 -0700

I started the trip by flying into NYC on Tuesday at 6pm.
I flew back into Phoenix at 3:40am after a long Friday in NYC.
[ First Class rocks! ]

Let me start off by saying I had to buy a new suitcase to bring back
all of my hard earned Linux booty.

I looted so many T-shirts I won't have to do any laundry for weeks.
I have enuff CDROMs to give away thet everyone better show up
for the next PLUG meeting or you will miss out.

I am working on getting LinuxStore T-shirts to hand out as well.
I got free copies of QuakeIII,Applix 5.x, Caldera e-server,
CA-Unicenter, and more to evaluate in Linux.
If you want to try something out, bring a machine to the meeting
and I/we can install on the spot.
I will make sure I bring as much as I can carry but the eval copies
will not be given away since I only have one of each.

When I get my picture of me with Alan Cox developed I will put it on
my WWW page to brag about. Two of the FreeBSD booth babes posed for
a shot with me ( the wife is not happy ) and I will also have my Linux
license plate to show off....hehehe
I bumped into Linus in a crowd and was about to give hime some
verbal abuse until I realized who I ran into.
FWIW he is a lot shorter in person.

IBM,SGI,Dell,Compaq,and Alpha were the big players that helped to
show the legitimacy of Linux. CNBC came out and broadcast from the
Javits center for 2 days.
I'm sure I left some stuff out so if anyone has any questions just ask.
My preference would be to keep thi on list since it is Linux related.

JLF Sends...

This message brought to you by Master Forrest the Grump:
     "Evil is, what evil does."