GUI - help

sinck@corp.quepasa.com sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 20:20:32 -0700 (MST)

\_ Next a friend of mine has a AGP Graphics Accelerator His monitor
\_ is a Viewmate 17" .
Monitor not as important as finding the right driver to make the card
happy, and YMMV.  Check http://www.xfre886.org/ someplace for the card
listing?  (/cardlist.html?)  If it's not there, you can prolly get
640x480 no problem, and anything past that only with incredible pain
and agony.

\_ And is there a driver for DVD Rom drives?
Heh.  This would be the DVD decoding issue that's been all the range
in the linux community.  Check any of the major sites for something on
it.  :-)  http://www.opendvd.org/ (?) would be a good start.  In sum:
there isn't official support, and the legality may be questionable.

\_ (I'm actually
\_ assuming that this is okay since I loaded Linux onto his system with the DVD
\_ player, however from the comand line I wasn't able to access it.)

I've heard that the dvd drive will mimic a cd drive, but haven't read
any definitive magic spells on it yet.

David