Summer on PCs - fridge mods

Jay Kalafus plug@kalafus.com
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 09:13:52 -0700

foodog@pop.phnx.uswest.net wrote:

>   There are recurring threads on the Homebrew Digest about
> modifying refrigerators to install tap handles, CO2 lines,
> etc.  I recall the concensus being that drilling through the
> door is safe, drilling through a side wall is _usually_
> safe, just watch out for wiring and seal it up with caulk to
> avoid moisture in the walls.

You may want to look into a temperature controller for the refrigerator.  Most refrigerators lowest setting is often too cold, in the case
of servers you don't need to keep them at 50 degrees.  These controlers will let you warm it up inside and not wear out the compressor.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/temperature.htm

Jay....