Language translator script?

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@qwest.net
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 23:47:40 -0700

Too bad I don't know much of sed and wanted this for tomorrow night for the game
session.

> > [linux is part of this, I swear]
> > Basically I'm hoping to find a script or program that
> > can take english and parse it into dwarven (maybe by
> > reading a text file), something along the lines of
> > an ircbot without needing to connect to irc.
>
> Hey, sed can do that too, if you write a complex enough script (someone even made a full RPM calculator for sed as a test of sed compiles!)
>
> >My laptop does run linux, only problem I have with it is Windows is able to do
> >1024x768x16bpp, but linux can only do 1024x768x8bpp, cant' figure why, but it
> >don't matter cause that works fine for me.
>
> Is XFree86 seeing all of your video ram? It may think the card only has 1024K, tell it you have 2048K. Or, support for more than a meg of video ram may not be in your binary. Check the version number of your server (XF86_SVGA, XF86_S3V, etc ...) if its not at least 3.3.5, pick up a new binary (but beware of moving to 4.x, Iunderstand its quite different?)

The config file says 2048K (which is what I have), just doesn't seem to accept
16bpp color as valid.  Will have to check what version it is on the morrow as I
don't have my laptop up right now.

Time for sleep to allow my test knowledge to tighten it's hold on my fragile
little mind.