Language translator script?

jkenner@mindspring.com jkenner@mindspring.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 01:32:42 -0500

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us wrote:
> [linux is part of this, I swear]
> Basically I'm hoping to find a script or program that
> can take english and parse it into dwarven (maybe by
> reading a text file), something along the lines of
> an ircbot without needing to connect to irc.

Hey, sed can do that too, if you write a complex enough script (someone even made a full RPM calculator for sed as a test of sed compiles!)

>My laptop does run linux, only problem I have with it is Windows is able to do
>1024x768x16bpp, but linux can only do 1024x768x8bpp, cant' figure why, but it
>don't matter cause that works fine for me.

Is XFree86 seeing all of your video ram? It may think the card only has 1024K, tell it you have 2048K. Or, support for more than a meg of video ram may not be in your binary. Check the version number of your server (XF86_SVGA, XF86_S3V, etc ...) if its not at least 3.3.5, pick up a new binary (but beware of moving to 4.x, Iunderstand its quite different?)