init.d startup scripts.

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:28:40 -0700

Hmmm.... HPUX.....

Check:
/etc/sshd_config
HPUX ACL settings for the filesystem/processes via SAM.
sshd does not have to be S/GUID so that isn't an issue.
Recompile from source just in case.
     ( Which compiler are you using?)

Change your syslog settings to capture sshd data
---NOTE THIS MUST HAVE BEEN COMPLILED INTO SSH

Try running it from inetd and you might get some ideas
on what is causing the daemon to die.

Jean Francois - JLF Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
Director Of Managed Services - OpNIX,Inc., www.opnix.com
OpNIX - Simply Better Bandwidth
602-770-JLF1 - Cellular, ICQ:  8137851
My Certifications: http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=1214021
Doing my part to educate the Clubie Illiterati.  One LART at a time!

Orig Msg> > Hey pluggers.
Orig Msg> >
Orig Msg> >   I've written an HPUX init.d startup script to start sshd at bootup.
Orig Msg> > The problem is that no matter what I do the daemon is killed off after
Orig Msg> > init.d is over.  I know that it starts because I've encorporated a ps
Orig Msg> > command to output to a file in my script and it is a process running.
Orig Msg> > After I log in though and do an lsof -i :22 or a ps to find my sshdaemon
Orig Msg> > it's not there.  I've tried starting it with an & for a background process
Orig Msg> > and that doesn't work.  I've also tried su'ing to root and executing sshd
Orig Msg> > but I get an error message saying I don't have execute permissions.  sshd
Orig Msg> > is chmod'ed 755 so it should be able to execute.  I need a bone here
Orig Msg> > guys.. :-)
Orig Msg> >