filtering with sed

Jon Revie revie@home.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:33:01 -0700 (MST)

Well, if you want to do it at the command line (assuming you have perl
installed), you can do:

perl -p -i.bak -e 's/\r//g' filename

which will do the removing of all ^M characers, as well as save a backup
file with the same name with a .bak at the end.

--
Jon Revie revie@home.com http://www.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~revie

"Somebody told me how frightening it was how much topsoil we
are losing each year, but I told that story around the camp-
fire and nobody got scared."  - Jack Handey