JLF = Kibo ?

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 07:40:19 -0700

It seems like on Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 10:28:19PM -0700, Alan Dayley scribbled:
Orig Msg> I admit to being on the internet for at least 7 years and still not knowing
Orig Msg> who Kibo is.  Enlighten me please.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Alan, Computer Knowledgeable Linux Newbie

Back during the time of The Great Renaming I was still using Fido Gateways and got
an account on Delphi for text based Internet Access.

Kibo - Net Legend
       Before the Great Renaming of Usenet and the arrival of the unwashed masses
       to the Internet, Kibo would grep the news spool and generate an autoresponse
       to any post that mentioned him.
       if you look at the options for (X)Emacs there is a feature
       to still Kiboize newsgroups even though it really isn't
       feasible to do this anymore.

For those of you into the history of the Internet take a look at these:
http://www.galactic-guide.com/articles/6U1.html
http://www.kibo.com

Sniff....those were the days...sniff...

JLF Sends...