editors

Furmanek, Greg Greg.Furmanek@hit.cendant.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:23:49 -0400

This is very sensitive question.

You going to find as many supporters of vi
as you find of emacs.

They are both great text editors for code.

I personally prefer VIM http://www.vim.org
it allows for syntax highlighting and a lot
of other cools stuff.

One plus for VIM you have all your controls on
the main keyboard.  You do not have to go to
the arrow keys.  Everything is just there.

It takes some time to get used to the
structure of editing in VI but it is
very much worth the effort.

Good luck.