[Fwd: WordPerfect 8 for Linux installed, but where??]

Mark Berkwitt mberkwitt@home.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 04:04:45 -0700

--------------AECE0BAFE7DA106A3FE2AC7C

   Shawn,

I am impressed.  I used the command you recommended and got the
following output:

[root@cx47716-b /root]# updatedb &
[1] 792
[root@cx47716-b /root]# locate WordPerfect
/usr/share/apps/kappfinder/WordProcessing/WordPerfect.kdelnk
/usr/share/apps/kappfinder/apps/Applications/WordPerfect.kdelnk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/WordPerfect.tar.gz
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/Readme
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/Runme
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/b_req00.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/b_req01.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/b_us00.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/g_req00.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/g_req02.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/g_req03.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/g_us00.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/g_us01.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/.wpdata
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/b_ins00.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/b_ins01.bk
/Downloads/WordPerfect8/g_req01.bk
/Program Files/WordPerfect8
[1]+  Done

But tell me, what does this mean?  It looks like it simply did a search
on the keyword 'WordPerfect'.  Where does this info come from?  What db
is referred to using the 'updatedb' command?  And lastly, how can I use
this info to 'fix' my non-functioning installation of WordPerfect?

I just went to those two files at the top 'WordPerfect.kdelnk' and
clicked once on each but got a pop-up message that said "Could not
execute program xwp".  If I could I'd
try an uninstall and then try to reinstall.  Do you know how to
uninstall a non-rpm application?
Just did a search for a file 'xwp' and found nothing.

   Subject: Re: WordPerfect 8 for Linux installed, but where??

   Oh, btw, forgot to mention that you can find anything using the
locate
   command... but it uses a database to do that.  Since you just
installed,
   first, as root, run
   updatedb &
   and then when that's done (give it a while) you can do
   locate WordPerfect
   (it's case sensitive, beware).

--------------AECE0BAFE7DA106A3FE2AC7C