SprintPCS Wireless Web

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:23:38 -0700

It seems like on Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 07:14:41AM -0500, Nathan Saper scribbled:
Orig Msg> Nope, I haven't found any others so far.  On a somewhat separate note, do
Orig Msg> you think it would be possible to create a wireless website that had a
Orig Msg> backend to convert standard websites to the wireless format (in effect
Orig Msg> browsing the standard web using the wireless site as a sort of proxy)?
Orig Msg> This was done with the PalmVII to allow the wireless browsing of standard
Orig Msg> websites.
Orig Msg>

Take a look at the IBM transcoder.
Search at www.ibm.com
It is an apache server running as a modified proxy to
convert HTML to HDML/WAP/WML format.

There is an SDK for doing this kind of stuff at
http://www.phone.com
that I used at American Express for a project there.
I used the Perl tools and it worked great.
It even has a cell phone emulator.
I used it with Linux and WinNT with no problems.

Jean Francois Sends...
President & CEO MagusNet, Inc.
MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
CTO EBIZ Enterprises, Inc.
TheLinuxStore.com, TheLinuxLab.com, LinuxWired.net
480-778-1120 - Office
602-770-JLF1 - Cellular