SprintPCS Wireless Web

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:14:25 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, J.L.Francois wrote:

> Take a look at the IBM transcoder.
> Search at www.ibm.com
> It is an apache server running as a modified proxy to
> convert HTML to HDML/WAP/WML format.
>
> There is an SDK for doing this kind of stuff at
> http://www.phone.com
> that I used at American Express for a project there.
> I used the Perl tools and it worked great.
> It even has a cell phone emulator.
> I used it with Linux and WinNT with no problems.

Ah, I knew you'd have played with this type of thing ;-). Just hadn't
gotten a chance to get that far.

I want to proxy for two reasons. One is to get to regular sites via the
converter. The second is to filter my phone number out of the info given
to the web sites (along with whatever else they shouldn't be getting)...

danke,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
#  Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans