setting up 256mb in debian

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:57:57 -0700 (MST)

On 6 Apr 2000, Kansir wrote:

> I'm having some trouble setting up my 256dimm in debian(corel).. I've tried
> adding the append="mem=256M" in the lilo config. But it still only see about
> 64mb in my memory display on KDE. does any one have any idea's you can E-mail
> to me in what I could try? I'm still kinda new, so at a few detail that might
> help.

You shouldn't need to do anything. I've got two 128MB sticks in a deb box
running slink and 2.2.14.

All 256 is adressable and Netscape usually is using 200+ MB of that...

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important