setting up 256mb in debian

Kevin O'Connor kevin_oconnor.geo@yahoo.com
Fri, 07 Apr 2000 00:56:03 -0700

Sometimes bios will only report up to the first 64 MB. This is an issue
with the bios on the motherboard. I have two machines that are like this
and the others work like yours....

Kevin O

"der.hans" wrote:

> On 6 Apr 2000, Kansir wrote:
>
> > I'm having some trouble setting up my 256dimm in debian(corel).. I've tried
> > adding the append="mem=256M" in the lilo config. But it still only see about
> > 64mb in my memory display on KDE. does any one have any idea's you can E-mail
> > to me in what I could try? I'm still kinda new, so at a few detail that might
> > help.
>
> You shouldn't need to do anything. I've got two 128MB sticks in a deb box
> running slink and 2.2.14.
>
> All 256 is adressable and Netscape usually is using 200+ MB of that...
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
> #  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
> #  stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it. -- Linus Torvalds

Kevin O'Connor

"Waving away a cloud of smoke, I look up, and am blinded by a bright,
white
light. It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God.
In
a booming voice, He says: "THIS IS A SIGN. USE LINUX, THE FREE UNIX
SYSTEM
FOR THE 386."
(Matt Welsh)