[PLUG-Devel] Using DVCS was: sourceforge or codeplex or googlecode for OSS hosting

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Wed Sep 17 14:10:45 MST 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 14:52 -0700, Josh Coffman wrote:
> The purely distributed style would not be useful in most projects I
> work on, but a hybrid version of the two could be very useful.
> thoughts?

Yes, that is very possible, and I think desirable.  I think with regards
to Bazaar those two use cases are presented as ends of a spectrum, by no
means the only way to do things.

I haven't done it with Bazaar, but with Clearcase I was working with a
multisite system where we had basically a branch in each location where
development was occurring (Phoenix and Chile).  We then merged from the
two branches into each other daily.  I think the same thing would work
in Bazaar, though I haven't done it personally.

		--Ted