[PLUG-Devel] Using DVCS was: sourceforge or codeplex or googlecode for OSS hosting

Josh Coffman josh at computeristsolutions.com
Tue Sep 16 14:52:23 MST 2008

I can see at least one way in dvcs would be really useful to me.  If you
work on a large team using the same central repo, but participate in a
smaller group on a smaller project/sub-project, it would be useful to share
changes with devs in the smaller group without committing changes to the
central repo until the team is ready.

Is that something a system like baazar would let you do?  I just barely
started reading the about page, and it listed really just two ways of using
baazar: standard centralized "lock step" style or distributed with no
central repo.

The purely distributed style would not be useful in most projects I work on,
but a hybrid version of the two could be very useful.  thoughts?

-j

Josh | josh at computeristsolutions.com | http://computeristsolutions.com