[PLUG-Devel] ruby on rails on fedora

Derek Neighbors derek at gnue.org
Sat Sep 8 12:13:26 MST 2007

Josh,

The person that owns that domain azonrails.org is no longer doing
rails work.  We have tried several times to get him to redirect it
some where else to no avail.  We decided to put something up at
http://www.phxrails.org/ which is linked to off the http://rubyaz.org/
site now.  We have been having between 15 and 20 people lately and are
flying in a guest speaker for this month.  More details are on the
phxrails website listed above.  There is also an IRC channel #phx.rb
on irc.freenode.net.  Additionally, we do use the phoenix-ruby google
groups for our mailing list.  The rails group is more the "east side"
version of the ruby group and the ruby group is the "north side".
Many attend both meetings.

We definitely do all our production deployments on GNU\Linux and would
be willing to answer questions.  If the PLUG steering committee is
interested I could probably get someone to present at a PLUG meeting
on configuring a Rails stack on Ubuntu (or other variants)

--
Derek Neighbors
Integrum Technologies