[PLUG-Devel] Latest Word on Content Managers?

vodhner at cox.net vodhner at cox.net
Tue Aug 28 12:07:36 MST 2007

Thanks, Darrin.

You wrote:

> Wordpress is simple to get going, and has a fair amount of flexibility...

I'm reading up on Wordpress and will probably go with it.  It's primarily a blogging package which is not of interest to me, but it boasts good CMS features.

I was aware that PLUG has done a fair amount of thinking about CMS in the past few years.

So, any comments about Drupal and Zope, by comparison?  I'm maintaining one small area on a Zope site, and I gather PLUG uses Drupal.

Again, my requirements are
* Greatest simplicity of setup and maintenance,
* No performance worries, expected light traffic;
* Also, all users are behind the corporate firewall so not too worried about security.

Solaris platform compatibility is presumably fine with all candidates.

Thanks again,
Victor