Forcasting PEP consumers [was]: [snip] Event Planner Project [was]Re: Event Planning Project

plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri Mar 11 21:42:02 2005

As for tech's like Java Webstart, you can think of it as a VERY fat client (like
turning a desktop application into an applet by altering the main extendable)
But a PITA to get the config rite.. Still it is a fabulous Idea.  You point to
the app, it runs, you point to it enough and it loads it local, no more pointing ::)

LAMP is a bit hard to install in a pain free one click way (Or perhaps I am not
familiar enough to see how to do it..)

For Actual Client that want an off line one user version...  I can only think of
my self... As for enterprise level N-Tier clients I can think of the LUG.  I can
also project from my work designing databases and VBA apps for the Herberger
College of Fine Arts.  They had fairly refined set of needs when planning their
various events (Fundraising, productions, exhibits, etc)
And I am sure we have all experienced wedding planning, intramural game
planning, etc., etc.

As for a real project does that mean we will be doing:

Executive Summary
Project Description
Project Objectives
Project Scope
Project Deliverables
Project Schedule
Business Analyses
System Architect
Use Case Diagram
Class Diagrams
Class Relationship Diagrams
Sequence Diagrams
Database Table Designs
Package Diagrams
Network Model Diagrams
Test Plan and Test Results (On each phase)
Post Mortem Review (on each phase)
Required Support
Project Documentation
System Documentation
User Manuals
Training Manuals
Maintenance Documentation
System Implementation
Application Installation Instructions
Etc. ?

And all the other goodies that make both a project both successful and a PITA :)
If So I believe we could really do something good and that will be very
successful :)  If not it could still be interesting, but I would have far less
faith in its survival.