Next meeting, December 3rd

Rob Wehrli plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon Nov 19 07:46:01 2001

On Sunday, November 18, 2001 11:03 PM, Alan Dayley
[SMTP:alandd@consultpros.com] wrote:
> Yes, yes!  Almost two months have gone by since the last PLUG-Devel
meeting.
> We must now think about where we will meet and what we will discuss.

I'm in...

> On the first point, where, I can seek clearance for Adtron again if
everyone
> found that location agreeable.  If there are other places that can be
> arranged, speak up and let's get them on the table.  Remember, we are
trying
> to be as central to the valley as possible.

I liked the Adtron location.  Not too far for me.

> On the second point, what, I know Hans has been doing some field work on
some
> things though I don't know if it is enough to make a meeting out of yet.
> will work that angle with him but if anyone else has more ideas, let's
hear
> them!

I can always talk on a topic if there is interest.  Perhaps a "Using C++
Interface Inheritance" or a "Designing Properly Derived C++ Classes" 15
minuter?  I can also do any number of C topics, such as "Using Function
Pointers in C" or "Parsing XML Files Using Expat in C."  I have about 30
different "15 minute" talks...that typically grow into 30 minutes with
questions and answers.  I don't want to monopolize the group, rather, just
be available if there is a slow-down in the agenda.  I have a number of
Java talks, but most of them are 30 minutes.  Java is a lot slower than C
:)

> Alan

Take Care.

Rob!