Re: WiFi router recommendations.

+ (text/html)
Author: Jim
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: WiFi router recommendations.
Believe me.  I know how you feel.  This is what happens when the cable
company has no competition.  The city gives them a monopoly and they
gouge their victims (customers) for as much as they can get away with.
I'd like to compare the rates they charge us to what they charge in
areas where Google, AT&T or somebody else has fiber to the home.  In
Knoxville, the local tv stations run ads for several cable companies.
They all advertize faster speeds and lower prices than Comcast.

I've heard Google fiber is either free or dirt cheap depending on the
speed you get.  If you have that option, take it then use the money you
save for a vpn for anything you want to hide from Google.