Re: Open Broadcast Software

+ (text/html)
Author: Matthew Gibson
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Open Broadcast Software
so, As I have been working on this problem. There are no snaps for the
specified software: desktopvideo, desktopvideo-gui, mediaexpress. While
attempting to install them via the deb, I get dependency problems revolving
around dkms. While attempting an 'apt --fix-broken install' I get this
output: https://pastebin.com/AtwWb8UR (note: paste will be up only 1 week
from this email send date)

So at this time All I want is to be able to use the capture device with
OBS. I imagine I am attempting to go the long way to get to where I want to
be.
lspci -vv outputs: 02:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Blackmagic Design
Intensity Pro
    Subsystem: Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro
    Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 255
    Region 0: Memory at f7c00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled]
[size=1M]
    Region 1: Memory at f7b00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled]
[size=1M]
    Capabilities: <access denied>
I'm going to start poking around for how to build a kernel module to enable
the blackmagic design card

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 10:43 AM Matthew Gibson <