Re: Linux friendly NICs

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Linux friendly NICs
Intel is always legit under linux. I use their nics to test at 40gb and
200gb, depending on the scenario. 1-10gb is pretty much without thinking
fine with standard commodity hardware.

Intel or most any vendor at 1gb is fine, even typically usb chinese crap
nics are fine. Only at 10gb + do you tend to have to question the phy and
pcie bus.

-mb