RE: networking question

+ (text/html)
Author: Carruth, Rusty
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: networking question
On the naming, they had a semi-reasonable justification. Makes what I do a bit more… interesting, but I was able to get past it… And someone else has explained why ‘they’ did that, with a fix.

Whether its DSL or cable, if your Ethernet coming out of your device that connects you to ‘the internet’ isn’t capable of more than 100, well that’s all you get (that was my condition at first). However, as you say, your box is supposedly gigabit… (And, yeah, sorry, why I thought Comcast was CenturyLink I’ll never tell ;-)

And I’m afraid your guess that somebody changed it ‘accidentally’ is probably right. I’ve heard of dumber things….