Re: Debian 9 vs Ubuntu 18

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Debian 9 vs Ubuntu 18
I get like tearing issues with kde, cinnamon, and anything else that
composites. I also run a full linux desktop across 3x 4k monitors at
11520x2160 resolution, which I think most compositors crap themselves at.
I hate compositing, as no one does it adequately under linux, but some do
it better and more stable for longer. The best solutions I find are
software rendering, including cinnamon software render mode, which is the
best stable rendering solution I've found for long-term longevity. Usually
running 12-15 vm's doesn't help, but otherwise works well, even gaming
occasionally with steam, even proton-base windoze games.

YMMV as usual.

-mb