Re: double sided scanning

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: double sided scanning
Mike,

You can try the following for scanning double sided documents, assuming you
have a document feeder.

1. Load the pages on the scanner - the front of the first page should be
the first page scanned.
2. In the xsane app:
        a. Select the option for ADF
        b. Select a directory for the scanned pages
        c. Use any file name you want, but put -001 at the end (before the
.pdf)
        d. Set the page count to +2
        e. Click on scan
3. Once the scan is done, take the pages from the scanner and put them
upside down in the document feeder. The bottom of the last page should be
the first page scanned.
4. In the xsane app:
    a. Set the page count to -2
    b. Click on scan

When done, you will have scanned documents with <filename>-0001.pdf,
<filenme>-0002.pdf, etc. in the directory you selected in step 2b. The odd
pages (ie -0001, -0003, -0005, etc) are the front facing pages, and the
even pages are the back of these pages. You can use any number of tools to
combine these into one pdf document. I use pdf-shuffler. You can add all
the scanned documents into pdf-shufler, and print one large pdf with the
fronts and backs in the right place.

Hope that helps!

Mark