Re: Cox Gigablast

Author: Eric Oyen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Cox Gigablast
I will definitely check with my contact in cox biz.

so far, I am pleased with what I have here. Sure, it's a tad more expensive for the biz class, but then, I don't have to worry about the sliding IP of residential, or all the blocked ports and even the new usage caps (which can get rather expensive per GB over limit). The other room mates have fallen into a pattern of now knowing how to work the chrome cast unit and are not willing to go back to the old video offering. One enjoys his left wing news, the other enjoys his right wing news, the third enjoys his gaming on secret world, WoW and others. As for me, I am just doing a lot of reading on the finer points of the law with regard to some issues I have been reading on (the collusion issue and some others).

btw, I am also seriously considering signing up as a DMCA agent (courtesy of the FSF) so that I can host a torrent stream of the more popular Linux torrent transfers. This way, should the ISP (cox) object, I can show them the paperwork and they could go back to whoever complained and say "too bad, so sad…"

I am also giving serious thought to bit coin mining here. About all I need is a Rasberry Pie, a linux image for BT mining and some USB stick hash generators..

anyway, that's all I plan on using my Cox connection for just now. I might also register a website and host from here as well (a spare laptop acting as a web server is pretty easy to do).

-eric
from the central offices of the Technomage Guild, Signs and Portents Division.