webextension for It's All Text!

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: webextension for It's All Text!
moin moin,

Firefox 57 was released and it does not support traditional add ons.

I've found webextension replacements for a couple. Some are working fine.
Others will take a bit of testing, e.g. uMatrix to replace NoScript and
cookie managers.

I don't see any replacements for It's All Text! which allows editing
textareas via an external text editor.

Anybody know of a good option for FF 57+?

Most importantly, IAT allows external caching of my content for when web
pages and web browsers go kablooey.

Next most importantly, I get to use a real editor without needing to copy
and pasta everywhere.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/its-all-text/

There used to be a bunch of similar Add ons, but IAT seems to be the only
one that stuck around.

I did find GhostText that depends on editor extentions, but I don't see
anyhing about a webextension version.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ghosttext/

For blogs, speaker proposals and many other things I use an external
editor with AsciiDoc and git, then copy and paste in the final version,
but lots of $dayjob stuff is input this, input that. IAT gives me an easy
workflow.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# "Wasted day. Wasted life. Dessert, please." -- Steven Meretzky