Re: arrows and gimp

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian Cluff
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: arrows and gimp
It sounds like you are doing the sort of thing that you should be using
Inkscape.   Creating arrows in inkscape is super easy and they can be
easily moved and modified.

After importing your image that you want to put arrows on; draw a line
with the bezier tool, then go to Object -> Fill and Stroke. Under the
Stroke Style tab look for Markers.  It will have 3 settings for a
beginning, middle and end; just select an arrow you like on the one on
the right and you should see your arrow appear. You can play with the
Width setting to adjust the size of the line/arrow.

Once you have the arrows like you want them, you can export your image
as a PNG.

Brian Cluff