Re: I am so royaly @&%$ OFF at Debian that it's not even fun…

Author: Steve Litt
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: I am so royaly @&%$ OFF at Debian that it's not even funny...
Eric, humor me. Just for fun, make yourself a Void Linux Qemu guest. I
usually use 4GB of RAM and 8GB of disk, and that's almost always more
than enough, especially the RAM.

Then install Orca, verify that it's 3.24.0, and see if it better
fulfills your needs. I'm not positive how to get sound running in a
qemu guest.

If it works for you you can either switch to Void Linux, or get Orca
from the guys who make it, and hand-compile it on your current distro.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2017 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr