Re: OT: video player with controls on other monitor

+ (text/html)
Author: Victor Odhner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: video player with controls on other monitor
Thanks, Aaron!

Wow. Mpv is a great improvement over QuickTime, to say the least. Works beautifully.

And I can take this to Linux or apparently even Windows.

I learned that I can watch progress by seconds in the command line, and start/stop it at will, in a keystroke, without moving the pointer into the audience’s view. That barely scratches the surface of things you can do from the command line: you name it, they’ve got it. But it may be all I need.

Mac Install: https://coalgirls.wakku.to/faq/playback/compiling-mpv-on-mac-os-x <https://coalgirls.wakku.to/faq/playback/compiling-mpv-on-mac-os-x> (It worked, in spite of “errors”)

Manpage: http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man1/mpv.1.html <http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man1/mpv.1.html> ( > 8k lines )

Thanks again,
Victor

On Sep 17, 2017, at 22:01:56, Aaron Jones <> wrote:

Mpv from the command line.

Then all the controls work off the command line or the minimal gui.