OT: video player with controls on other monitor

+ (text/html)
Author: Victor Odhner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: OT: video player with controls on other monitor
Is there a video player that can display a video on one monitor (a projector), with the control bar on the other monitor?

Keyboard controls help, but for example I want to see where I am in the program, and if it’s running, if in a static splash screen. Also, a visual control bar is friendlier if a non-techie is running it, but we don’t want to clutter the movie.

My usual search expression vocabulary has abandoned me in this case, maybe because the feature I’m looking for is not of interest for most users so doesn’t get mentioned in reviews.

I’m doing it on a Macbook, but I might try a Linux guest (or even windows as last resort) if that’s the only answer.

Thanks,
Victor Odhner