Re: Warranty!!?!?!?!?!

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Warranty!!?!?!?!?!
I just went through this with a new dell, where I used the local windoze
tools to make a usb backup imagine with their software to a 16gb drive, and
just tossed it in a drawer if I ever need to restore things. That
supposedly restores their recovery partitions and windoze itself, which
should be everything...

I'd not put faith in some tier 1 rep telling you linux voids the warranty.
It was probably one of those "What is linux? Yeah, don't do that." sort of
comments ignorant agents might spew, but otherwise shouldn't matter. If
you restore the disk and bios to prior function, they should be none the
wiser anyways.

-mb