Re: How to make wireless stay connected?

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: Re: How to make wireless stay connected? Solved. Thanks!
Subject: Re: How to make wireless stay connected?
The easiest way to deal with it is to set a blank passwork on the KDE
wallet so that it won't prompt you for one at all in the future. It was
complain that you are using an insecure password, but will allow you to
accept it anyway.

The better way is to still use the KDE Wallet, but use a feature in it
that will allow you to store things like your wifi passwords in a
separate, lower security wallet while your other passwords are stored in
the main wallet that still requires a password.

Just go into Account Details -> KDE wallet and re-enable it, and then
click on "Different wallet for local passwords". Then click that new
button that is in line with that option and create a new wallet and when
prompted for a password click OK, leaving it blank and then verify that
you want to use the insecure password. After that you will most likely
need to enter the wifi password in one more time, but after that you
should never be asked for it again.

Brian Cluff