Video from meeting on 7/13: Intro to Krita

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Video from meeting on 7/13: Intro to Krita
I just posted the video from This month's meeting where Phil Waclawski
presented an Introduction To Krita.

https://youtu.be/qRzy4qQPcKA

Krita is a powerful painting program, designed for graphic designers and
general artists. I will introduce the basic features it provides, along
with some special filters, including G'mic.

Biography:
Phil has been a faculty member, focusing on open source software at MCC
for nearly two decades.

Phil teaches a variety of course, including MySQL Database, PHP, Python,
Javascript, HTML 5 and CSS, Linux OS, Internet Server Set up and more.

This summer, Phil will once again be offering a "MCC Multimedia Madness"
summer camp for 6-8th graders. Over the two weeks I will cover a wide
range of open source software, including GIMP, Inkscape, Krita,
Audacity, Blender, Hydrogen Drum Kit, Tux Guitar, Openshot, Linux
Multimedia Studio, work with green screen and more.

For hobbies, Phil has too many. Blacksmithing, archery, Leatherworking,
Wood Working, Jewelry, Sound Recording/editing and SCUBA diving. Phil is
also learning to play the Bass.

Phil has been using linux at home for desktops and servers since 1994.

Hope you enjoy it,
Brian Cluff