Re: NFS Issues

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: NFS Issues
I've had odd issues like this in the past with KDE/Dolphin, but lately I've
moved to Cinnamon, and using Nemo file manager, I've still seen the same
results lately with NFS files not appearing with it too occasionally. It
isn't alone.

I have some other systems that move data around for me, when I look and
expect to see a file/folder there, I don't, but checking via cli or even
just another file browser, it *is* there. Restarting Nemo with killall
works, but is annoying none the less. I had this as well with even Kodi not
seeing files updated remotely, which leads me to believe it's more at the
local client kernel level, but I've seen this across many revs of kernels
now from 3.x to now 4.10 on my current desktop.

Not sure if NFS modules or the clients viewing the fs are more to blame,
but interested in feedback too if anyone notices the same, or how to fix.

-mb