NFS Issues

Author: Nathan
To: PLUG
Subject: NFS Issues

Once again I am having NFS issues with Dolphin and a different user.
I must say up front that I can traverse the directory structure using
midnight-commander and any other command line tool just fine. I have
also used the Xfce file manager Thunar and it works just fine. I know my
permissions are correct, only Dolphin is having a problem.

I generally have permissions 750 on folders and 640 on files.

I have users:

nathan:x:500:500:Nathan:/home/nathan:/bin/bash
classroom:x:507:507:Classroom:/home/classroom:/bin/bash

and groups:

nathan:x:500:
classroom:x:507:

These are the same on all the clients and the server hosting the nfs
share.
I have the following directory structure on my server

/Vault (drwxr-xr-x    9 nobody users 4.0K Feb 22 14:49 Vault)
/Vault/Media (drwxr-x---  11 nathan users    4.0K May 25 14:08 Media)
/Vault/Media/Movies (drwxr-x---  2 nathan parents    24K May 25 14:14
Movies)
/Vault/Media/Children (drwxr-x---  4 nathan classroom 4.0K May 25 14:09
Children)
/Vault/Media/Children/Movies (drwxr-x---  2 nathan classroom 4.0K May 25
14:09 Movies)
/Vault/Media/Children/Shows (drwxr-x---  7 nathan classroom 4.0K May 25
14:09 Shows)

The classroom user has a default group of classroom and I manually added
classroom to the /etc/group file to make sure it is a member of the
group.

I open Dolphin on any of my clients while logged in as the "classroom"
user and navigate to /Vault/Media/Children and then there is nothing in
there. It's empty. If I press F4 to open the konsole integration with
dolphin I can see the two folders with ls. If I manually enter either
one (cd Shows) and then type ls it shows the additional folders and
Dolphin registers I'm in the new directory in the url bar, but still
nothing shows up.

Again, thunar, mc, and everything else I've tried work, anything KDE
related does not.
I just don't want to switch over to Xfce and stop using KDE. Maybe it's
a principal thing, but this should be working, so I want it to work!

Any ideas?

--
Regards,

Nathan