Re: open office vs. ms word

Author: Bill Lindley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: open office vs. ms word

>>Free, as in freeway.

Totally off topic, but --

"Freeways" -- or Superhighways as we call them back East -- are far from
"free." In Maricopa County since 1985, billions of sales tax dollars
-- collected even from folks who don't even drive -- have funded our
highway construction... bulldozing thousands of homes and businesses,
and removing thousands of acres forever from property tax rolls, at an
even higher cost.

"Free"ways are FAR FROM FREE. They perpetuate an automobile-centric
culture which damages our society and our economy. They perpetuate bad
urban planning which makes it almost impossible to walk or bicycle, or
to operate competitive public transit. They perpetuate urban sprawl in
contrast to mixed-use development (think: apartments above offices above
stores, with sidewalks full of people). "Free"ways come at a huge cost.

Please don't compare Free Software to superhighways!

\\/