Domain Name / Hosting

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Mar 23 14:52:48 MST 2016

For me, GD has the most compelling mail offering at the cost.  Part of
that is my account is still oddly screwed up from my employee account
days that no one there has figured out how to remove a bunch of free
services, including mail forwarders from my account in 10 years since I
quit the first time.  Now they do unlimited storage on mail boxes, which
is nice.

Plus it's not google.  Nothing against google, I host my business stuff
there for convenience, but I like the notion of NOT having my personal
and business stuff in the same place.

Same with dns hosting I find - anything else costs way more than I'm
paying now across domains @GD.  Having quit working there twice (not so
nicely), and having a general distaste for them these days as a whole,
I'd rather not host anything there, but the cheap bastard in me won't
let me escape yet.

-mb