Configuring email server

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Mar 17 21:35:54 MST 2014

Am 17. Mar, 2014 schwätzte keith smith so:

moin moin Keith,

postfix, dovecot, spamassassin is the combo I settled on many years ago.

You might be interested in a newish Dovecot feature: virtual folders. I've
been wanting that for my own mail server for decades. Still need to
schedule time to play with it.

http://www.piglets.org/serendipity/archives/108-Virtual-folders-with-Dovecot-and-Debian.html

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Virtual

Here are some postfix config links I found important enough to add to my
config file for easy reference :).

The codepoets link is no longer valid, but search for a copy of that page
as it's well worth the read.

# http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/focus_spam_postfix/
# http://codepoets.co.uk/docs/postfix_spam_reduction_measures
# http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_recipient_restrictions
# http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_restrictions

ciao,

der.hans

> Hi,
>
> I have my droplet at DigitalOcean configured and will display an webpage..... so far so good.  It is running CentOS 6.4 or 6.5.
>
> I'd like to configure email now.  This I have not done.  I do have a server in my home office, however someone else configured it for me.  This time I would like to do the config myself.
>
> My home office server is running CentOS 6.x / Postfix / Dovecot / SpamAssassin.
>
> Is this the way to go?  Maybe there is something else I should be asking?
>
> If / Postfix / Dovecot / SpamAssassin is a good combination do you have any good docs you would recommend?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help!!
>
> Keith

#  "I have faith in debian-legal." -- Ted Gould